Monday, January 4, 2016

Authorship Debate Challenge for 2016


WOW - I haven't touched this blog for 6 years!!! 

So I am going to restart it back up and do an AUTHORSHIP DEBATE challenge for 2016. 

This is being done to celebrate the 400th anniversary of the death of the Man from Stratford - whomever he was. 


The rules are simple. 

Read any 5 books on the Authorship debate and leave your comments and links in my comments on this blog. 

There are no other restrictions, You can read both Fiction and/or Non-fiction.

You have pretty much ONE year to read 5 books. 

So this challenge will end on December 31, 2016.

I don't require a list, but if you wish to make one, you can do so, and leave a list in the comments. 


Dont forget to leave a link to your blogs as well. I may add a new post with those links for easy access. 

Let me see - those books that I currently own and have not yet read  about the debate include the following.

Sally O'Reilly - Shakespeare's Dark Lady (Amelia Bassano)
Ian Wilson - Shakespeare the Evidence
Mark Anderson - Shakespeare by Another Name
(Oxford)

Rodney Bolt - History Play (Kit Marlowe)
Robin Williams - Sweet Swan of Avon (Mary Sidney)

These are all non fiction. I have read some fiction books on this debate. You can look for them in earlier posts of this blog. 


Please leave me a comment below if you plan on entering. 

I dont expect you to have formed any opinion on who the real author might be. You can mention your opinion in your posts or not, that's your decision. 

I just want readers to know that there are other choices out there for who could possibly be the authors of those plays, other than the man from Stratford on Avon. 

I dont use any of those Linky thingamajigs - call me old fashioned but I have had a look and they look COMPLICATED!!  LOL 

If you read back over all the older posts, I did previously allow others to join this blog, but have now removed all those names 
(except for 2 people I personally know) 



 

No comments: